Your mission :
The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP provides the community with regular releases of data, models and tools to accelerate neuroscience discovery and clinical translation through open science and global collaboration.
Within the Cells & Circuits section we are looking for a Post-doctoral Researcher in Biophysical Neuron Modeling and Dendritic Computation
Main duties and responsibilities include :
The primary objectives for this position are to strengthen on-going large-scale biophysical neuron modeling and validation efforts in the project, and to undertake original scientific research to characterize the role of intrinsic cellular and dendritic integration mechanisms in computation and dynamics at the network level. Scientific leadership is expected to supervise computational neuroscience students, as is an intimate knowledge of the employed software in order to interface with engineering teams. The position is in close contact with an electrophysiology lab and modeling will go hand in hand with available and newly acquired experimental data.
Your profile :
- PhD in neuroscience, computational neuroscience, physics or related field
- Expert in NEURON and multi-compartment conductance-based modeling as demonstrated by strong publication record
- Expert in scientific computing (python, scipy, numpy, hdf5, gsl, Linux, etc.)
- Knowledge of whole cell electrophysiology, ion channel experiments
- Experience in automated neuron model optimization techniques
- Experience in other programming languages (C++), parallel computing and software development (unit testing, continuous integration, version control, debugging and documentation) is of advantage
- Experience in supervision of students and teaching
- Strong team player and fluent English in speech and writing
We offer :
- An internationally visible project in simulation-based research in neuroscience having a leading role in the EU FET flagship "Human Brain Project"
- A young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working environment
- Very competitive salary
Start date :
Until position is filled
Term of employment :
Work rate :