PhD student position in Neurophysiology
Titre: PhD student in Neurophysiology
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students splitbetween its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition•and responsibility.
The Center for Integrative Genomics of the University of Lausanne invites applications for a PhD Student position in the research group of Dr Sophie Croizier. The Croizier lab works on the role of guidance molecules in the formation of hypothalamic circuits controlling energy and glucose homeostasis. For more details, please consult the current website ofthe group: https://unil.ch/cig/home/research/sophie-croizier
Expected start date: 01.09.2021 or to be discussed
Contract length: 1 year, renewable, maximum 4 years.
Activity rate: 85%
Workplace: University of Lausanne, Center for Integrative Genomics (CIG), https://www.unil.ch/cig/home.html
The successful candidate will work on the lab project to determine the role of EphrinB3 in the excitability of POMC neurons and its role in type 2 diabetes etiology. This work will rely on multidisciplinary approaches including microscopy/imageanalysis, stereotaxic surgeries, electrophysiology, and mouse physiology.
In order to complete our team, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Experience in histological approaches
- Experience in mouse physiology (glucose homeostasis)
- Authorization for animal experimentation is advised
- Dynamic, and enthusiastic student with a master thesis in life science, interested in working in a highly interactive environment
- Excellent command of oral and written English
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diversified and dynamic academic environment, opportunities forprofessional training. Possibilities of continuous training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
Sophie Croizier, PhD
Please send your full application in pdf. The complete application should contain:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae including lists of publications, conferences, awards and a description of experimental ·
- URL: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?company=universitdP&career_job_req_id=17463&career_ns=job_listing
- Level: Master degree
- Period: 1 year, renewable max 4 years
- Location: UNIL, Center for Integrative Genomics
- Starts On: Sept. 1, 2021, 8:40 a.m.
Experience in histological approaches
Experience in mouse physiology (glucose homeostasis)
Authorization for animal experimentation is advised
- Education Required:
Master degree in Neuroscience, Neurophysiology, Biology
Lausanne Vaud 1015
- Contact Method:
Please submit your application on the job URL provided